THIS picture is from Tokyo. I’d walked and walked from the afternoon to nighttime and I’d ended up in Shinjuku. The streets were full, restaurants open and the neon lights were blazing. I took the stairs down at Shinjuku Station when I noticed the shiny reflection on the mirrored bannister.
It captures the whole street scene. It offers a starling new perspective: the hectic real life on top and its quiet colourful reflection underneath, that makes it seem somehow far, faraway.
- Finnair flies through three years worth of refunds in three months
- Make recovery the story! How the travel industry can win back tourists
- ‘Boring spa services are over’: Health and wellness needs to shape up
- Holidays that heal: Super rich get ready to splash out on a wellcation after lockdown
- How hotels can put travellers anxieties to bed!